Creating a morning ritual has the ability to set the course and expectations for your day. It brings what’s important into focus and allows you to create a strategy that will help you achieve your goals no matter what comes your way and harness a strength of determination that you otherwise wouldn’t have.
I’ve noticed many of the successful men and women I follow from a distance, who specialize in the areas of my life to improve, ALL have morning rituals that have set them up for massive success. Here are five ways to help you build morning rituals.
- Praying to the Most High God. Prayer allows you to stay in tune and in alignment with the Creator of the Universe. When you walk in step and in covenant with the Lord Jesus you receive supernatural instruction through his Word and Spirit. A good place to start if you don’t know how to pray is in the Book of Psalms.
“Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.” – Psalm 1: 1-6 (New Living Translation)
- Reading a Book. Reading opens up the mind to new possibilities, sparks creativity and oils your mental gears to problem solve. I didn’t understand the Power of Reading Rainbow until I was well into my 20’s. I just thought it was about the LeVar Burton talking about cool books. But the truth is, it was meant to engage the imagination of children and spur them to read because there is power in applied knowledge.
“A capacity and taste for reading gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others.” – Abraham Lincoln
- The Power of Music. Music stimulates and helps the brain vibrate thought into action, if applied. More, studies have shown that it has the influential power to control the central nervous system which controls our blood pressure, heartbeat and brain function – and also the limbic system. Most professional athletes listen to some form of music during pre-game that gets them ready for the actual game. Now, if athletes position themselves to achieve success on the court, field or in the arena through training and listening to music that allows them to focus all of their energy on specific set of tasks – then I think we can learn something from their example.
- Eat your Wheaties. Breakfast builds you up physically and mentally. I remember rising out of bed and running to jump on the bus and missing breakfast altogether. And on those days I didn’t eat breakfast my focus was thrown off and on occasion my attitude was terrible. It’s important to eat breakfast because it does a few things:
- It helps with weight control
- Boost fiber intake
- Boost brain activity
- The Power of Affirmations. Affirmations prime the mind for the probable. If you’ve already made up in your mind what you’ll do and accept for the day then you’ll have the type of action that backs up that “Affirmation”. More, affirmations when combined with Scripture produce faith that enables you to do basic to incredible feats.
You can also build and create your own morning rituals that help you take action and conquer your goals. Here are five ways to help you do that:
- Being Still – sometimes you just need to slow down and take a break from the culture around you
- Knowing and maximizing your Strengths will help you strategically take on things that you are best suited for
- Analyzing and Writing down your Goals. Then based upon that Goal Sheet you’ll be able to put a plan in place to help you achieve those goals
- Listening to Music – stimulate the mind
- Mastermind your way to Success – Jump into a group of people who will hold you accountable, stir up your gifts and challenge to become better
Implementing any of these Morning Rituals can drastically change your daily production and outlook. Your life will produce whatever you consume on a consistent basis. And if you Build Morning Rituals into your life then they’ll give and multiply to you benefits that you only dreamed of.
What are some morning rituals that you practice that help you produce more and better results?